Garnet is a silicate mineral deriving mainly from metamorphic rocks, however it can also be found in magmatic rocks. It can be found close to water streams as well as metamorphic and igneous rocks. It has a deep red colour and its name comes from the latin word “grantum” (pomegranate).
Garnet sand (Almandine) is naturally occurring in many parts of the world, extracted, cleaned and used as a filtration medium.
GARNET SAND BY STROUMBOULIS
STROUMBOULIS collaborates with one of the most established manufacturers of water treatment products, the German brand EVERS GmbH&Co.KG, with the product EVERZIT ® GS.
EVERZIT ® GS is a natural garnet sand (Almandine). Its high density makes it particularly suitable for use in fine sizes of granules used for filtering extremely fine particles.
EVERZIT ® GS is used in:
- Drinking water treatment
- Sea water desalination
- Process water treatment
Features and benefits of EVERZIT®
EVERZIT ® GS is used as a bottom filter layer in multi-media filters. Having very high density, it can be used in very fine grain sizes (i.e. up to 0,2mm) in a wide range of applications including:
- Ultra-fine particulate filtration
- Pre-filtration before activated carbon filters, ion exchangers or reverse osmosis units
- Shallow media layers, i.e. layers 200 – 400 mm in height
- Dual media filters, used in combination with EVERZIT® N
- Multi-media filters, used in combination with EVERZIT® N and quartz sand.
The Garnet filter media EVERZIT ® GS is fully compliant with the European Standard EN 12910 for the filtration of water intended for human consumption.
STROUMBOULIS offers the Garnet filter media EVERZIT ® GS with all its certifications as well as with the flexibility – high quality service in terms of availability – deliveries to our Clients.
Chemical and physical characteristics
|Specific Density||~ 4,1 g / cm³|
|Bulk Density||~ 2100-2300 kg / m³|
|Hardness||~ 7-8 Mohs|
Available grain sizes
- 0,2 – 0,6 mm
- 0,5 – 1,0 mm
- 1,4 – 2,5 mm
Different granular sizes can be provided in line with your requirements.
- Bags 25 kg in pallets 1250 kg
USEFUL INFORMATION BY STROUMBOULIS:
2 KEY ATTENTION POINTS IN THE PROVISION & USE OF GRANATE SAND
- Garnet used in water filtration must be fully compliant with the EN 12910 Standard
- In single media filters, for optimum operation, it is recommended to use a supporting layer of EVERZIT ® GS at the granules size of 1,4 – 2,5 mm