Glass Filter Media, derive from recycling of glass products, therefore it is an environmentally friendly and recyclable product.
Bottles, glazing and other glass products are crushed in special recycling facilities and then the product is washed, dried and finally classified in grain sizes, suitable for use in common sand filters.
Water filtration in swimming pools, industrial facilities, artificial lakes etc.
What it offers
- High filtering efficiency
- Extension of time of filtering operation in facilities with hard water
- Resistance to wear thanks to increased hardness
- Safety in use – no hard edges
- Protection of the environment, as a recycled product
Advantages over silica sand
- Up to 15% reduced quantity, due to low density
- Reduced maintenance cost, thanks to increased time of operation (it petrifies slower in hard water)
- Water & energy saving, thanks to 50% reduced backwashing
Glass Filter Media STROUMBOULIS
STROUMBOULIS provides Glass Sand from Manufacturer STACEYPROCESSING (Great Britain), with high flexibility and service, at the following granularities:
Available grain sizes
Chemical and natural characteristics
USEFUL INFORMATION BY STROUMBOULIS:
4 KEY ATTENTION POINTS IN THE PROVISION & USE OF GLASS SAND
- As a recycled product, glass sand must be carefully washed before it can be used in water filters.
- Glass sand for filters derives from recycling of glass of a particular origin (glazing, bottles etc.)
- Glass sand for water filters is different than similar products for sandblasting, line marking and other uses.
- In cases of bulk products delivery or those contained in big bags, their quantity should be checked upon delivery.